Saturday, July 26, 2008

Drop by Drop

Here is Amy's response to my ideas about small sacrifices. I think it's worth a read! :)

"The truth of the matter is that most of our life is about sacrificing the small things. Drops of water don't seem to add up to much until you collect every one of them together and you find out that they can equal gallons of water. I'm sure God views our lives like that. He says every little, small sacrifice is noted and adds up to a whole life of sacrificial love and honor towards Himself and others.

Check out Eph. 5:21. You'll see it right there."

OK, here it is: "And be subject to one another in the fear of Christ Jesus."

Goes right along with the "It's not about me" idea, eh?

She also pointed out that this could be the reason behind why I felt the Lord telling me to step away from teaching the twos class every Sunday. He was ushering me into a new season. And probably helping me dodge the burnout bullet, too. It's funny how we can't see what's coming sometimes--but I'm glad I listened, even without knowing the "why."

She concluded with, "Drop by drop, your faithful life will add up to gallons of blessings, both to God and others."

Thank you, dear Amy!!

1 comment:

Brandie said...

I just found this treasure of a blog. I'm proud of you for sharing your heart.

Love ya friend,
B