Friday, August 8, 2008

Hear that?

"How Many Kings?" by Downhere should be playing first on my playlist.

I heard it a while back and fell in love with it--take a listen! :)

In other news, may I submit a new point of view?

Is it possible for closure to be simply accepting that there may not ever be closure?

That's how I'm feeling about the whole miscarriage thing. I'll never know exactly what happened or why. And I don't need to know. If I do, God will give me the message. But I need to be OK with not knowing everything...not always being in control...and knowing that God knows, HE is in control and He is working all things together for good. I can be OK with that, despite being the closure-lover that I am!

Maybe in this instance, my closure is just letting go.

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Hello, I just discovered your blog and look forward to catching up on your old postings.

On this subject of not understanding why, I have been there myself, over my health. I want to share with you what a dear friend shared with me - a quote from Amy Carmichael "Acceptance brings peace." It really does. Not giving in and laying down under difficulties, but accepting your circumstances and not wasting energy in recriminations.

I went through "Why me?" and "It's not fair!" and all that when I first became ill, but have learned over the years to save my energy for what I can do, and to thank God every morning for his mercies of a new day and friends and family around to support and encourage me.

Perhaps we can encourage each other, if you like to visit my blog.